The Ben’s Safety Guidelines
We have implemented a multi-pronged approach to meet the cleanliness and hygiene requirements of our “Commitment to Clean” standards.
We wanted to outline a few of the changes and enhancements you should expect during your stay – including changes to our amenities, services and facilities.
Here is what you can expect when you’re with us.
Pack Your Mask
- We wear because we care – and we require all guests to do the same. The proper use of masks/face coverings are mandatory in all public areas of the hotel.
In the abundance of safety, The Ben associates are following the latest guidelines recommended by CDC, Local Heath Authorities and Marriott International’s Commitment to Clean standards.
- Record temperature of all staff members at the beginning of their shift. Any associate temperatures of above 100.4 degrees is sent home. Any staff members displaying symptoms are not allowed on the property. (CDC Guidelines)
Overnight parking is $35.00; our valet attendants follow the current protocols:
- – Sanitize the steering wheels
- Wear face masks or face coverings
- Contact Lite Experience – Through our Marriott BonvoyTM mobile app, we are able to provide you with the exceptional experience you expect, with minimized contact. Marriott Bonvoy members can use the Marriott Bonvoy App (also available on the App Store and Google Play) to take full advantage of our “Contact Lite” service options, including: Mobile Check-In, Mobile Check Out, Mobile Key, Chat, Guest Requests and even Mobile Dining.
- Hotel staff will disinfect each Bell Cart using Peroxide Multi-Surface Cleaner and Disinfectant after every use.
- Front Desk is equipped with Plexiglas Shields protection.
- Guest Room Keys disinfected after each use.
- Complimentary bicycles disinfected before and after every use.
In anticipation of your stay, we’ve been devoted to thoroughly disinfecting your room according to our high standards of cleanliness.
- Your guest room is your sanctuary throughout your stay with us. If you would like to modify your daily Housekeeping schedule, please contact us during your stay.
- Single-use Remote Control Clear Cover.
- Every guest room is sprayed with an Electrostatic Sprayer in between guests.
- Upon arrival, every guest room is provided with complimentary sanitation wipes.
- You’ll notice several enhancements to our cleaning practices throughout the entire hotel which include: Enhanced Public Space Cleaning, Social Distancing Practices, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), Guest Rooms, Temperature Screening and Electrostatic Spraying.
- Hand Sanitizer stations added to each elevator and high traffic areas.
- The Dewey Daily – Touch-Free Compendium inside of each elevator and Single-Use copies available at the Front Desk.
- Touch-Free door opener at all public restroom entrance doors.
Food & Beverage
- Mini-Bars have been removed from the Guest Rooms and items can be purchased and delivered to the rooms upon request.
- Floor Plans have been re-arranged to observe CDCs Social Distancing Guidelines.
- Single-Use Silverware and Glassware Optional.
- Bar Counter Service has suspended following local guidelines
- Family Style dishes and buffets have discontinued.
- Social Distancing signage.
- Furniture has been re-arranged to observe social distancing guidelines.
- Pool Furniture sanitized between guests.
- Social Distancing signage.
- Signage reminding guests of the importance of sanitizing equipment after every use.
- Staffing has been increased during peak hours to assist with disinfection.
- Single-use cups are available for Water Station.
- Social Distancing signage.
Meetings & Events
- Floor plan reconfigured to observe social distancing.
- Touch-free check-in/out available for group attendees.
- Virtual Tours, including Video/FaceTime appointments, are now available.
- Buffets and Family style food displays suspended, single portion food (wrapped when possible)
- Writing materials (pen, paper pad) not pre-set available on request only.
- Hotel Provided Sanitation Station with masks, hand sanitizers, hand wipes accessible to attendees.
At The Ben, we know that travel is an opportunity to pursue your curiosity with confidence and ease. Travel has the power to connect us, to enrich our lives and to inspire us. The measures our team is taking are part of our unwavering commitment to delivering on the promise of good travel.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU SOON
Center for Decease Control and Prevention
Florida Department of Health
Palm Beach County
Concord Pure Stay
MAY 6, 2020
The COVID-19 pandemic has required us to raise our demanding standards to an even higher level with new protocols for the current circumstances. To tell our story on how Marriott is elevating cleanliness standards and changing hospitality norms, across our portfolio of hotels, we tapped a hospitality veteran, the son of our founder and someone who, like his father, has been known to conduct cleanliness inspections while touring hotels – our Executive Chairman and Chairman of the Board, Bill Marriott. Take a look.
APRIL 21, 2020
Surface Areas: COVID-19 has raised awareness about the importance of high-touch surface cleanliness. In public spaces, the company has added to its already rigorous cleaning protocols, requiring that surfaces are thoroughly treated with hospital-grade disinfectants and that this cleaning is done with increased frequency. In guest rooms, the company has likewise added to its rigorous protocols, requiring that all surfaces are thoroughly cleaned with hospital-grade disinfectants. Marriott will also be placing disinfecting wipes in each room for guests’ personal use.
Guest Contact: The CDC and WHO warn about direct, person-to-person contact as the primary way COVID-19 is spread. To help alleviate the risk of transmission this way, the company will be using signage in its lobbies to remind guests to maintain social distancing protocols and removing or re-arranging furniture to allow more space for distancing. Marriott is also evaluating adding partitions at front desks to provide an extra level of precaution for our guests and associates and is working with supply chain partners to make masks and gloves available to associates. The company is installing more hand sanitizing stations at the entrances to its hotels, near the front desk, elevator banks and fitness and meeting spaces. In addition, in over 3,200 of Marriott’s hotels, guests can choose to use their phones to check in, access their rooms, make special requests and order room service that will be specially packaged and delivered right to the door without contact.
Food Safety: Marriott’s food safety program includes enhanced sanitation guidelines and training videos for all operational associates that includes hygiene and disinfecting practices. At Marriott, all food handlers and supervisors are trained on safe food preparation and service practices. Marriott’s food and beverage operations are required to conduct self-inspection using the company’s food safety standards as guidelines, and compliance is validated by independent audits. In addition, the company is modifying its operational practices for in-room dining and designing new approaches to buffets.
Our Commitment to Cleanliness:
We take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously and are taking additional steps to ensure the safety of our guests and associates. On a daily basis, our hotels around the world are working to ensure that they meet the latest guidance on hygiene and cleaning. Our hotels’ health and safety measures are designed to address a broad spectrum of viruses, including COVID-19, and include everything from handwashing hygiene and cleaning product specifications to guest room and common area cleaning procedures. Specific steps Marriott is taking include:
Associate Health, Safety and Knowledge: Hotel associates – and their own health, safety and knowledge – are essential to an effective cleaning program. Here are some ways we’re supporting them:
Hand Hygiene: Proper and frequent handwashing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. In our daily meetings, our teams are reminded that cleanliness starts with this simple act. It’s important for their health and that of our guests.
Ongoing Training: In addition to training on housekeeping and hygiene protocols, hotel associates are also completing enhanced COVID-19 awareness training.
Real Time Information: Marriott’s Corporate and regional teams are on standby 24/7 to support the hotels and coordinate with local and regional authorities.
Cleaning Products and Protocols: Our hotels use cleaning products and protocols which are effective against viruses, including:
Guest Rooms: Hotels use cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean rooms after guests depart and before the next guest arrives, with particular attention paid to high-touch items.
Public Spaces: Hotels have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, with a focus on the counter at the front desk, elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, public bathrooms and even room keys.
Back of House: In the spaces where associates work “behind the scenes,” hotels are increasing the frequency of cleaning and focusing on high-touch areas like associate entrances, locker rooms, laundry rooms and staff offices.
In addition, Marriott has created a Marriott Global Cleanliness Council to focus on developing the next level of global cleanliness standards, hospitality norms and behaviors. The Council includes both in-house and outside experts in housekeeping, food safety, associate wellbeing, infectious disease, sanitation and protective technology. Visit Marriott News CenterOpens in a new tab for details.